News

Outrage Grows Over Oyo School Kidnap as Senate, Yoruba Leaders Demand Swift Rescue

Fresh outrage erupted after viral videos showed abducted teachers pleading for help following the attack on schools in Oyo State. The incident has triggered strong reactions from the Senate, Yoruba leaders, and state governments demanding urgent action.
Gunmen on motorcycles reportedly stormed schools in Oriire Local Government Area on Friday, abducting pupils, teachers, and staff members. Police also confirmed that an assistant headmaster was killed during the attack.
In one of the videos, the principal of Community High School, Mrs Alamu, appealed to the Federal Government, Oyo State Government, and Nigerians to rescue them.
“We were attacked… and a good number of us were abducted, the staff and the students as well,” she said from captivity.
Another victim, Temitope Mary Dahunsi, said the kidnapped children had been crying since Friday, begging authorities for immediate intervention.
The Nigeria Police Force said the videos were undergoing forensic analysis while security agencies continued rescue operations.
Reacting to the attack, Senate Leader Opeyemi Bamidele described the abductions as “an attack on the future of Nigeria” and renewed calls for state police to strengthen security nationwide.
Pan-Yoruba group Afenifere also warned that “Yorubaland is now under siege,” urging South-West governors to treat insecurity as a top priority.
Meanwhile, the Oyo State Government said security forces were pursuing the kidnappers and vowed to secure the release of all victims. Governor Seyi Makinde’s administration said several attackers had already been neutralised during operations in the bush.
Kindly share this story:
Kindly share this story:
Share on whatsapp
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on telegram
Share on facebook
Top News

Related Articles