President Donald Trump announced Friday that he has signed a proclamation imposing a new 10% global tariff on imports, just hours after the Supreme Court struck down most of his previous tariffs as unlawful.
In a social media post Friday evening, Trump confirmed he signed the order in the Oval Office. According to the proclamation, the new tariff will take effect Tuesday.
Earlier in the day, Trump signaled he would pursue alternative legal avenues to maintain his trade policy after the Supreme Court ruling, which invalidated much of his earlier tariff framework.
Calling the decision “deeply disappointing,” Trump said the administration would move quickly to implement replacement measures.
“Other alternatives will now be used to replace the ones that the court incorrectly rejected,” Trump told reporters at the White House. “We have alternatives — great alternatives. Could be more money. We’ll take in more money and we’ll be a lot stronger for it.”
The new proclamation marks the administration’s latest effort to sustain its aggressive trade agenda despite legal setbacks.
























