Canadian High Commission In Abuja Engulfed In Fire

The Canadian High Commission in the capital city of Nigeria experienced a major fire outbreak on Monday.
There was damage to certain areas of the building at 13010G, Palm Close, Diplomatic Drive, Central Business District, Abuja.
Staff were forced to evacuate the building due to the fire outbreak.
Two people were killed and two others sustained injuries.
It was gathered that the fire started some minutes after 11:00am from the generator house when the power generating plants were undergoing maintenance.
A reliable source who pleaded anonymity because she was not authorised to speak on the issue, told Daily Trust that men of the Federal Fire Service (FFS) were able to put the fire under control.
The area has now been cordoned off and investigators are expected to ascertain the cause of the fire.
“It [fire) started from the generator house, not the main building,” another source who does not want to be named told Daily Trust. “There is a diesel tank close to the generator house and I think maybe because of the temperature, the diesel tank exploded.
“A service provider from a generating servicing plant – They have a service provider who usually comes to service their generators but I will not like to mention the name – lost one of their personnel and one of the staff of the embassy died too.
“The other two that were injured are in the hospital getting medical attention.
Kindly share this story:
Kindly share this story:
Share on whatsapp
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on telegram
Share on facebook
Top News

Related Articles